CNN- 奥运选手教你如何爱上跑步

What's up, sunshine?
你好啊,阳光小姐?
I'm Coy Wire.
我是科伊·怀尔。
This is CNN 10.
这是CNN 10。
It is Tuesday, February 25th, and did you know, on this date, way back in 1870, Hiram Rhodes Revels became the first African-American to be sworn into the U.S. Senate.
今天是2月25日星期二, 你知道吗,早在1870年的今天, 希拉姆·罗兹·里弗斯成为首位宣誓就任美国参议员的非裔美国人。
There's a little Black History Month fun fact for you to start the show.
这里有一个关于黑人历史月的趣味小知识来开启我们的节目。
Now, it's time to help you fuel your mind and get you caught up on the latest news from around the world in no more than ten minutes.
现在,是时候为你注入精神食粮,让你在不超过十分钟的时间里,迅速掌握全球最新资讯。
Lots to get to, not a lot of time to do it, so let's get to it.
有很多事情要讲,时间却不充裕,所以让我们开始吧。
We start today in Germany, which elected a new ruling party in national elections over the weekend.
我们今天从德国开始谈起,该国在上周末的全国大选中选出了新的执政党。
Chancellor Olaf Scholz conceded defeat for his center-left Social Democratic Party to conservative Christian Democrats, who will now lead the next coalition government.
德国社民党中间偏左的奥拉夫·朔尔茨总理承认败给保守的基督教民主党,该党将领导下一届联合政府。
Germany holds democratic elections much like those in the U.S., but their system of government is a parliamentary one.
德国举行的民主选举与美国的类似,但其政府体系是议会制的。
Legislative power lies in the democratically elected parliament of Germany called the Bundestag, so voters choose the members of parliament and their political parties, who are then given seats in the Bundestag based on those votes.
立法权归属于德国民选的议会——联邦议院(Bundestag),因此选民选举议会议员及其所属政党,这些议员和政党随后依据得票数在联邦议院中获得席位。
Now voters don't directly elect the chancellor, but the outcome of the parliamentary vote determines which party leader gets the role.
现在选民并不能直接选举出总理,但议会选举的结果决定了哪个党派的领导人将获得这一职位。
Elections to the Bundestag take place every four years, but last November, members of the parliament, unhappy with Chancellor Scholz's firing of a finance minister, led to a no-confidence vote.
联邦议院的选举每四年举行一次,但去年11月,因不满朔尔茨总理解雇财政部长,议会成员发起了一次不信任投票。
Now, that's a vote parliament takes to determine if a majority of members no longer support the leader in power.
现在,这是议会进行的一项投票,以确定多数成员是否不再支持在位的领导人。
Chancellor Scholz lost that vote of confidence, which triggered early parliamentary elections that took place over the weekend.
朔尔茨总理失去了那场信任投票,这触发了周末提前举行的议会选举。
Now Friedrich Merz is set to lead Europe's biggest economy and most populous country after his center-right Christian Democratic Union Party won more than 28% of the vote.
现在,弗里德里希·默茨将在其中间偏右的基督教民主联盟赢得超过28%的选票后,领导欧洲最大的经济体和人口最多的国家。
Without an absolute majority, he and his party will begin the work to form a power-sharing arrangement with other political parties, creating a coalition government to lead the executive.
由于未能获得绝对多数席位, 他及其政党将着手与其他政治党派达成权力分享协议,组建联合政府以领导行政机构。
Pop quiz, hot shot.
快速问答,聪明人。
Which of these is the only active volcano on mainland Europe?
哪个是欧洲大陆上唯一活跃的火山?
Mount Etna, Mount Vesuvius, Mount Elbrus, or Katla?
埃特纳山、维苏伊山、厄尔布鲁士山或卡特拉火山?
If you said Mount Vesuvius, you are correct.
如果你说的是维苏伊火山,你答对了。
The active volcano located on the Italian peninsula last erupted in March of the year 1944.
位于意大利半岛的这座活火山上一次喷发是在1944年3月。
Mount Vesuvius may have erupted 80 years ago, but it's best known for the eruption that occurred in 79 AD, covering the ancient city of Pompeii in volcanic ash for thousands of years.
维苏威火山虽可能在80年前喷发过,但它最为人所知的却是公元79年的那次爆发,那次喷发将古庞贝城掩埋在火山灰下长达数千年之久。
Archaeologists have spent centuries unearthing the well-preserved ancient city in Italy and continue making discoveries even today, and we're getting a glimpse of the high-end resort- like destinations the people were enjoying nearly 2,000 years ago.
考古学家们花了数个世纪的时间来挖掘这座保存完好的古罗马城市, 并且直到今天仍在不断发现新的东西,这让我们得以一窥近2000年前人们所享受的高端度假胜地。
Our Ben Wedeman is there to show us around a lavish spa complex that's recently been unearthed in Pompeii.
我们的本·韦德曼就在那里,他将带我们参观庞贝古城新近出土的一处奢华温泉综合体。
Around noon in A.D. 79, Mount Vesuvius began to erupt.
公元79年中午左右,维苏威火山开始喷发。
If they were lucky, residents managed to flee.
如果他们幸运的话,居民们设法逃走了。
The rest were dead.
其余的都死了。
For centuries afterwards, Pompeii was largely forgotten, until the middle of the 1700s when digging began in earnest.
几个世纪以来, 庞贝古城几乎被遗忘,直到18世纪中叶才开始认真挖掘。
The site is so vast, and it's, you know, 13,000 rooms excavated in two and a half centuries.
遗址非常庞大,你知道,两千五百年间挖掘出了13000个房间。
There are still new discoveries.
仍有新的发现。
The latest, this lavish complex of baths, including a caldarium, a hot room, a tepidarium, a warm room, and a frigidarium, a room with a pool of cold water, and a banquet hall.
最新发现的是一座豪华的浴场综合体,包括一个热水室(caldarium)、一个温水室(tepidarium)和一个冷水室(frigidarium),后者有一个装满冷水的泳池,还有一间宴会厅。
Now, one of the reasons why Pompeii is so well preserved is that when the eruption of Vesuvius took place, it was covered by this pumice, lightweight, solidified lava.
现在,庞贝古城得以如此完好保存的原因之一是,当维苏威火山爆发时,它被这种轻质的浮石——即固化的熔岩——所覆盖。
Running is an activity that tends to bring up some strong opinions.
跑步是一项往往会引发强烈意见的活动。
People either love it, or they loathe it.
人们要么热爱跑步,要么对其深恶痛绝。
Having said that, we're finding it's more popular than ever, with running clubs popping up in cities all over the world, and marathons seeing record numbers of participants.
尽管如此, 我们发现它比以往任何时候都更受欢迎,跑步俱乐部在世界各地的城市如雨后春笋般涌现,马拉松赛事的参赛人数也创下了纪录。
Well, our very own health writer, Madeline Holcombe, was never a fan of running, but she did some work for us to find out how maybe we could learn to like it.
我们自己的健康撰稿人麦德琳·霍尔库姆原本并不喜欢跑步,但她为我们做了一些工作,试图找出如何让我们可能学会喜欢上这项运动。
Check out the tips she got from an Olympian while training for a 5K.
看看她在为5公里训练时从一位奥运选手那里得到的建议。
I'm Madeline Holcombe.
我是玛德琳·霍尔库姆。
I'm a Wellness Writer for CNN, and I am on a journey to try to like running.
我是CNN的一名健康作家,我正在努力让自己喜欢上跑步。
I want to -- when I wake up in the morning, feel motivated to run and not dread it like I do now.
我希望——当我早上醒来时,能感到跑步的动力,而不是像现在这样厌恶它。
And so many don't dread running.
而很多人并不害怕跑步。
There's been record attendance at marathons everywhere, from London to New York.
各地的马拉松比赛都创下了参赛人数的新高,从伦敦到纽约皆是如此。
So I asked for some help, because in one month, I want to run my first 5K.
于是我寻求了一些帮助,因为一个月后,我打算参加我的首次5公里跑。
I decided to bring in an expert, running coach and Olympian, Julie Benson.
我决定请一位专家,跑步教练兼奥运选手朱莉·本森。
There's a saying in the running community that our sport is your sports punishment.
在跑步界有一句话,说我们的运动是其他运动的惩罚。
You know, there's still this little kind of negative connotation when it comes to running.
你知道,在谈到跑步时,仍然有一种小小的负面含义。
The first three weeks are very tough.
最初的三周非常艰难。
Honestly, that one was kind of discouraging.
说实话,那件事有点让人泄气。
Start in very small segments and work the running segments up a little bit more.
从极短的片段开始,逐步增加跑步片段的长度。
Try not to add more than maybe 10% to each run.
尽量不要每次跑步增加超过10%。
So if you're doing 30 minutes of 60 seconds jog, 60 seconds walk, that's 15 minutes of running.
因此,如果你进行的是30分钟的运动,其中60秒慢跑、60秒步行交替进行,那么实际上你是在跑步的时间总共为15分钟。
So your next run shouldn't be much more total than 16 or 17 minutes and just keep going that way.
所以你下次跑步的总时间不应该超过16或17分钟,就这样继续下去。
You will turn that corner one day and all of a sudden you're going to say, oh, my gosh, I just ran four minutes in a row without stopping.
你会在某一天突然转弯, 然后你会说,天啊, 我刚刚一口气跑了四分钟都没有停下来。
Well, it is early, it's cold, but it is race day.
好吧,虽然很早,天气也很冷,但今天是比赛日。
And after a little over a month of trying to put running into practice, I'm excited, but I'm also kind of nervous.
在尝试了一个多月的跑步训练后,我既兴奋又有点紧张。
Of course, my competitive nature is a little bit worried that I'm going to come in dead last.
当然,我的竞争心态有点担心我会垫底。
All right.
好吧。
Jane, Jace, Tim, Sarah.
简,杰斯,蒂姆,萨拉。
Madeline.
马德琳。
We did it.
我们做到了。
I finished, which was really exciting.
我完成了,这真是令人兴奋。
This has really taught me that you can't go 100%, 100% of the time.
这真的教会了我,不能每时每刻都全力以赴。
And learning how to pace myself, I think really made a difference.
而学会如何调节自己的节奏,我认为真的起到了很大的作用。
If I'm being totally honest, running still isn't my passion.
如果我完全诚实的话,跑步仍然不是我的热情所在。
I still am a dance, Pilates, martial arts class kind of gal, but I do feel good afterward and I do enjoy it along the way.
我仍然更喜欢舞蹈、普拉提和武术课程,但跑步之后我也确实感觉很好, 而且在过程中我也确实享受它。
And I'm excited to have running as another tool in my physical fitness tool belt.
我很兴奋能将跑步作为我的健身工具箱中的另一个工具。
Now to a story about the power of having a positive attitude during tough times or awkward moments.
接下来是一个关于在艰难时刻或尴尬时刻保持积极态度的力量的故事。
Terrence Shannon Jr., drafted last year in the first round by the Minnesota Timberwolves, was being celebrated as alma mater at the University of Illinois.
特伦斯·谢南二世, 去年被明尼苏达森林狼队在第一轮选中,正在伊利诺伊大学作为校友受到表彰。
They retired his jersey, and then this happened.
他们退役了他的球衣,然后就发生了这样的事。
At his jersey retirement ceremony, the school accidentally displayed his jersey and banner upside down.
在他的球衣退役仪式上,学校不慎将他的球衣和横幅倒挂展示。
Embarrassing.
尴尬的。
A viral moment for Terrence, his family, the school.
一段让特伦斯、他的家人和学校都尴尬的病毒式传播时刻。
But here's why Terrence Shannon Jr. is today's difference maker.
但这就是特伦斯·谢南二世成为今日改变者的原因。
He used an awkward moment to do something awesome for kids.
他利用一个尴尬的时刻为孩子们做了一件很棒的事情。
He's making shirts that say, when life has you upside down, turn it around.
他正在制作T恤,上面写着:“当生活让你颠倒,就把它翻转过来。”
And proceeds will go to the local Boys and Girls Club where he volunteered in college.
而销售收入将捐给他在大学时曾志愿服务过的当地少年俱乐部。
Here's his former head coach Brad Underwood on how proud he is of Terrence.
这是他前主教练布拉德·昂德伍德对他特伦斯的自豪之情的评价。
We messed it up.
我们搞砸了。
And for the character of that young man to come out and do what he did today, made a shirt if you haven't seen it, you know, "When life turns your world upside down." And I challenge every business in Champaign, I challenge every alum, go buy it.
而那个年轻人能够站出来, 做他今天做的事情,制作了一件T恤, 如果你还没看到,你知道,上面写着“当生活将你的世界颠倒” 。 我挑战厄巴纳的每一家企业,我挑战每一位校友, 去购买它。
Because it's all going to the Boys and Girls Club.
因为所有的收益都将捐赠给男孩女孩俱乐部。
He's not out trying to profit off of it.
他并非出于谋利之目的。
Man, I couldn't be any more proud of the way that young man handled that situation.
老兄,我对那年轻人处理这件事的方式感到无比骄傲。
His moment.
他的时刻。
His moment.
他的时刻。
All the work that went into that.
所有为此付出的努力。
His moment.
他的时刻。
And then to turn it around and give it all to charity, speaks volumes.
然后将其转变,并将所有收益捐给慈善事业,这番举动意义深远。
Well done, Terrence.
做得好,特伦斯。
It's not what happens to you in life that matters most.
生活中发生在你身上的事情并不是最重要的。
It's how you work through it that truly matters.
真正重要的是你如何应对这些经历。
Today's story getting a 10 out of 10, is what happens when you mix horseback riding and skiing.
今天的故事满分十分,讲述的是将骑马和滑雪结合会发生什么。
Skijoring, yes, an actual winter sport where a skier is pulled by a rider on horseback, reaching speeds up to 35 miles per hour.
雪地马上滑板, 确实是一项真正的冬季运动, 滑雪者会被骑马的人拉动,速度可达到每小时35英里。
Through an obstacle course, no less.
通过障碍赛道,可不是开玩笑的。
Jumps, ring grabs.
跳跃,抓环。
The Wood River Valley Extreme Skijoring Association in Idaho had a record of 135 teams competing this year for a combined prize of $10,000.
爱达荷州伍德河谷极限滑雪拖曳协会今年创下了135支队伍参赛的记录,总奖金为10000美元。
Giddy up.
Giddy up。
Our shoutout today is going to Stilwell Middle School in Stilwell, Oklahoma.
我们今天的特别鸣谢将献给位于俄克拉荷马州斯蒂尔维尔的斯蒂尔维尔中学。
Rise up.
起来。
And to my friends I met last week, the Spartans of Rocori High School in Cold Spring, Minnesota.
以及上周我遇到的朋友,明尼苏达州科尔德斯普林斯罗科里高中的斯巴达人。
What up, Lakeland?
嘿,莱克兰德怎么样?
And we see you, Ms. Woods.
我们看到你了,伍兹女士。
Now tomorrow is #Your Word Wednesday.
现在明天是#你的词汇星期三。
You know the drill.
你清楚流程。
Follow me, @coywire, on the socials.
关注我,@coywire,在社交平台上。
Put your unique vocabulary word in the comments section of my most recent post with your school, teacher's name, your mascot if you like.
请在你最新帖子的评论区中, 留下你的独特词汇, 并附上你的学校名称、老师姓名,如果你愿意, 还可以加上你们的吉祥物。
We're going to choose one fun winner to work into tomorrow's show.
我们将选出一位有趣的获胜者,让他们参与明天的节目。
See you tomorrow, Superstar.
明天见,超级明星。
I'm Coy Wire, and we are CNN 10.
我是科伊·怀尔,这里是CNN 10。